Walk 4 Hope 2020
Huntington’s NSW ACT helps and supports people and families who are impacted by Huntington's disease (HD).
Multiple generations inherit the disease, thus impacting the whole family – HD creates a ripple effect through families and out to their communities.
The Walk 4 Hope was created in 2014 with the aim of raising both awareness and funds to support families impacted by Huntington’s disease.
· Parramatta Park on Sunday 20 September
· Speers Point Park on Saturday 12 September
· Canberra – Weston Park on Sunday 13 September
· Orange – Robertson Park on Sunday 6 September
Why a Walk?
Isolation is experienced by many people with HD and with that in mind the walk was purposely designed to be inclusive for everyone to take part in their very own Walk 4 Hope. It is an opportunity for families and friends to come together, to share their stories and to know they are not alone in their battle with HD.
September is Huntington’s Awareness Month and a great time to get more community involvement and awareness.
Huntington’s NSW ACT supports families in NSW and the ACT. Thanks to the donations we receive from the Walk 4 Hope we can now reach out to young people and offer some real support through our Youth Connection Program. WE can also offer more professional facilitation for our regional support groups. People with HD will also have access to NDIS support coordination through Huntington’s NSW ACT.
When you sign up for Walk 4 Hope, you can choose the location and date that suits you best.
It can be also be a team event: you can all get together to do some other activities in the lead up to the Walk 4 Hope – being part of a team is not restricted to the Walk 4 Hope. Set yourself and your team some challenges and gather donations along the way to keep you going – it can be FUN.
- Ask your work colleagues to join you on the walk
- Double your money! Enquire at work to see if they will match your fundraising
- Ask your local gym to get involved; do a spin class for HD
- Organise an event such as a morning or afternoon tea or Trivia in the Pub
- Go Casual Day or Dress up Day “Be Seen: Wear Pink & Green” at work and ask them to make a donation to Huntington’s NSW ACT through your Walk 4 Hope challenge
- Get some walking mates together, set yourselves a challenge. Aim for ½ an hour walk every day and ask them all to sign up as a team, encourage them to obtain their own sponsors for Walk 4 Hope
- 10,000 steps a day in September translates to 300,000 steps in one month!
- Post your challenge to your social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Share your photos and stories
- Ask local business in your area to support and promote the walk
- Obtain some posters from us
- Car wash, bike ride, swimming laps, cake sales, rowing, games night are all ways to contribute
This year the registration fee is optional, however if you can support us by paying the fee this can kickstart your fundraising.
- Family (4) $50
- Adult (over 18 years) $25
- Children (under 18 years) $10
You may have specific questions regarding how the Walk 4 Hope format might work this year. We are currently working hard to define what this new event format will be and how the event will be delivered and enjoyed by all participants. If you have any specific questions that you would like answered please email email@example.com
It only takes 5 minutes!
In just a few minutes you can build and customise your page with your story and photos. Share the link with your friends, family, work colleagues and ask them to donate or join your Walk 4 Hope team. Every donation is then recorded on your fundraising page with messages of support from your donors. The receipting is automatically done for you and you can send messages of thanks to your supporters via Fundraising Page or social media.
So, what are you waiting for? Set up your own Walk 4 Hope online fundraising page today!
Thank you for supporting Huntington’s NSW ACT, your fundraising efforts will make a big difference to families impacted by Huntington’s Disease.